What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Movie Night: ***^Mirror, Mirror

This movie is on Netflix instant.  It is the second movie I have seen this year which is a different take on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  They both have similar changes from the Disney version, taking the Dwarfs from loveable miners or seven thieves who have been expelled from the community.  An interesting take here is the stilts the dwarfs use when fighting.  Snow White (played here by Lily Collins) in both movies is dispossessed and having to retake the kingdom.  Lily Collins gives the role a more innocent feel.  The prince is played by Armie Hammer.  The witch (queen) is played here by Julia Roberts.  Both movies do interesting things with the mirror.  Here it is in a house on a lake, and talks back to the queen, a reflection of herself, which also uses black magic on her behalf.  Snow White in this movie has interesting relationships with the dwarfs and the prince which make the story enjoyable.  I recommend this movie.
This is my review of Snow White and the Huntsman.
http://billywardlefamily.blogspot.com/2012/06/movie-review-snow-white-and-huntsman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment