What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Movie Review: ****Matilda, *The Master of Disguise

I watched two movies on Instant Netflix.  Matilda (1996) we have in our personal collection, and it is a favorite.  The other, "Master of Disguise" was a waste of time for thirty minutes and then I couldn't watch anymore.  Matilda stars Danny Devito and Rhea Pearlman as the parents of Matilda, played by Mara Wilson, child actress also known for "Miracle on 45th Street."  I liked the younger Matilda going to the library, and the actress changes as she grows older.  Mara also innocence but also revengeful energy to the role.  Matilda befriends her teacher, Miss Honey, played by Embeth Davidtz.  They form a formidable team to overcome the evil school principal, Trunchbull, a former shot put, javelin and hammer thrower who now terrorizes children.  Her long throws come back to haunt her as she launches children, but Matilda uses her powers to turn them around.  Matilda's birth parents are and humorous after thought in the move, as they don't care about Matilda, and her father is a crook. 
"The Master of Disguise" was written by Dana Carvey, who also stars.  Dana is of Saturday Night Live and Wayne's World fame, which are both better than this.  When the villain farted (Brent Spiner of Startrek as Data) for a laugh I had enough.  I kept thinking it would get better.  It didn't while I was watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment