What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Life in Manteca 58: Stake Christmas Choirs

We have started our second Christmas season in Manteca. This past Sunday we started our season with a musical presentation at the Stake Center.  Most wards had their ward choirs sing.  I thing our choir was the largest, and I was pleased with our effort.  We sang "Oh thou the tellest good tidings" from the "Messiah".  We also did a thanksgiving song we had sung the week before.

The evening went very well.  Caleb not only sang in our ward choir, but also a youth chorus.  I think they were the highlight.  They had men's choir, women's choir and then a song together.  Joshua Cook, from Caleb's garage band, played a piano solo.  But the real show stopper was when a young man from the Yosemite Ward read Luke chapter 2.  He had a clear voice, and an amazing story to tell of the birth of our Savior.

Christmas performances are taking place at temple through the rest of this month and next.  I am getting excited.  Charity got our tickets to the ballet in a couple weeks.  Check it out
http://www.templehillevents.com/Days_of_Christmas_2012.php

No comments:

Post a Comment