What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Idaho falls Saturday July 23, Museum of Idaho in Idaho Falls

Our vacation plans changed, because Grandpa Scoresby was sick and in the hospital, so we didn't think it wise to travel too far away.  The day included several visits to the hospital as they were treating him for kidney issues.  So we did a day in Idaho Falls instead.  In Iona there was a Pioneer Day Celebration, but we just Pokemoned at the park and Annie, Caleb and Tony threw the Frisbee.
We did go to the falls for picnic.  We actually found a table above the falls.  It was a bit crowded closer to the falls with art booths set up along the river.
We afterwards went to the Idaho Museum in Idaho falls.  They had an exhibit of the Revolutionary War.  This included The French and Indian War, and the War of 1812 as well as Shays Rebellion.  They didn't allow picture taking in the  exhibit, so I don't have any pictures, but I have some of Tony on the hobby horse in the children's play area.  Caleb also took a turn on the horse.  They gave everyone a card with a description of an individual.  You could find additional information in the museum.
   Tony ringing the bell
The old Carnegie library is now part of the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment