1. Learn to swim.
2. Wear a life jacket.
3. Learn to float. This is referring to safety measures for if you fall in a river or body of water. Float towards the shore.
4. Reach, throw, row. This rule deals with how to help someone needing assistance. Always reach first, then throw a flotation device to them, and finally row to them.
5. Look before you jump. Always be sure you swim in an safe area.
6. Don't overfill your boat. This also deals with balancing your boat.
7. Stay with you boat. If your boat should tip over, the safest place to be is with your boat until someone comes to rescue you.
8. Learn the rules for boat safety.
9. Alcohol, drugs and driving a boat don't mix.
10. Be careful to not litter.
Please be careful this summer season.