What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Life in Manteca: Why Manteca Fireworks Were Cut Short?

Where we were sitting, we saw a firework which appeared to explode on the ground.  Immediately the emergency lights approached the area where this happened.  We thought maybe something had happened.  Manteca Bulletin verified this.  A launch accident sent a man detonating the fireworks to the hospital with second degree burns on his leg.  This cut off the display after a third of the fireworks had been exploded.  The injured man was an employee of J&M Displays.  He was treated for the burns at DOctor's Hospital.  The article says one of the mortars had been lit but became stuck and exploded while still on the ground.  "Firefighters on scene quickly got the situation under control.  Given the nature of the incident and potential damage to launch equipment Manteca fire officials shut down the aerial display that had started 10 ten minutes earlier."  The article further explains that the 10,000 people in the area started dispersing within about another ten minutes.  It also points at the J&M displays will give a refund to the Manteca City, which had to pay upfront, for the unexploded fireworks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment