What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sunday School: Old Testament: Job

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-01-003-mountains-to-climb?category=mormon-messages/mormon-messages-2013&&lang=eng
"Mountains to Climb"  This film features President Henry B. Eyring.  It shows individuals, who like Job, are facing hardship and trials.  "If the foundation of faith is not planted in our hearts, the power to endure will crumble," says president Eyring.  Our faith should be centered in Jesus Christ.  He then explains that passage of time is not enough to cure heartache, but the solution is to love and serve others.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid932504009001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAA0ZXbIXk~,CUDb-EhKU-2mjqnkesGCbv2KuOe3Q2id&bctid=1195856534001
Elder Robert D. Hales, as he was passing through hardships of health, also focused on this theme, bringing to mind the trials of Joseph Smith, and then of the pioneers.  He says we confront trials by waiting upon the Lord.  "Tests and trials are given to all of us. These mortal challenges allow us and our Heavenly Father to see whether we will exercise our agency to follow His Son. He already knows, and we have the opportunity to learn, that no matter how difficult our circumstance, 'all these things shall [be for our] experience, and . . . for [our] good.'" (D&C 122:7)
Job had his feet firmly planted in his faith in Christ, and in waiting upon the Lord.  He said, "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:" (Job 19: 25)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnCRpWv1bzE&list=UUUEd30vKIa3CW6YQDuSxQcQ
Me singing Job's words.

No comments:

Post a Comment