What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Life in Manteca 109: Speed Limit Change; Then a Stop Sign

Somethings are bad ideas; and some things are poorly executed.  However there are times when there are both bad ideas are poor execution.  That's is how I see the new stop sign on Woodward. 
The city had just arranged so the speed along Woodward was 45 miles per hour, all the way from my house to where I turn to catch the train.  It had varied between 45 and 35 before.  I was in heaven.  But now they have added a new stop sign between Union and Airport at Oleander.  So they get you up to speed, then they throw in a new stop sign. 
And this isn't a normal stop sign, it's a stop with a circle, and two pedestrian crossings.  However the crossings come before the stop, so while you are worrying about the stop, you are running over the pedestrians. 


There is a new subdivision; but stop signs have not been added on Woodward for other subdivision.  It is just strange.
What is equally strange is the subdivision behind our house.  The roads and street lights have been in for some time, but no new houses have been added. 


However, the subdivision at Oleander was started later, but they are building there like there is no tomorrow.  What gives?  Some of the houses are very large.


No comments:

Post a Comment