What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Life in Manteca 112: Denny's Review, New Baby and Camberly's Birthday

Sheri and I went out to eat this last Friday at Denny’s.  I have written a review of Denny’s before, but there were a couple things of note.  This is the first time I have ever order off the senior menu--55+ at Denny’s.  I went thinking I wanted country fried steak, but after getting there changed my mind to fish (I don’t get fish at home) and ordered the tilapia.  It was very good.  I had sweet corn and rice with it, as well as clam chowder, which Tony ate mostly.  Tony order fries wit his meal.  They were a different type of fry, with vertical ridges in the fries.  They tasted as if they had been frozen.  I am not sure if they were compressed into that shape or cut that way.  I think the meal overall was a success, but there fries would only get a c grade at best.
I got some picture scanning, and another Skyview choir video done.  I have finished nine now and they are all on my You Tube.  I also found some pictures of my dad at Merrill Library and his coworkers.
Saturday a.m. Mark and Lizzy had their baby, August Owen Payne-Wardle.  I posted pictures already.
We had the sisters over Saturday.  Sheri made the country fried steak I had been craving.  They taught Tony about baptism.  Tony turns eight in February.  They said they were going to check out our street a bit, which was cool.  There is an inactive member on out street they were going to visit.  I love the missionaries.  We have Sister Wheelwright from Blackfoot, Idaho and Sister Weaver from Savannah, Georgia.




Sunday we had a big bash for Camberly’s birthday.  Charity brought cake, and then left it so we have cake galore.  Kayla brought Skylar over so Camberly had a cousin in addition to Uncle Tony.  Camberly loves Tony as Tony has a way of making her laugh.  We had a very nice time.  Sheri had gotten her a money pig and Kayla a kitchen.  She likes things that make noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment