What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Life in Manteca 108: Labor Day Weekend, Hometeacher, Restaurant Review

Interesting weekend.  We started with a venture to a new restaurant, and were greatly disappointed.  In other words, this is a one visit only restaurant.  We went to Ho Sun's Kitchen on North Main street.  Our mission in going was to get some good orange chicken.  I guess Tony had a craving.
However their orange chicken was not what we were expecting.  It was on a bed of oranges and broccoli (I hate cooked broccoli) with large chicken pieces with even larger crusted batter which kept falling off.  Tony was very disappointed.  Their sweet and sour pork was also disappointed.  No crust on the pork, and really very few vegetable, and only one pineapple.  Their fried rice was also poor.  I like the chow mien however.  It was crunchy.  I don't know how they do that, and the sprouts were good as were the noodles.  Sheri said she didn't like any of their food, Tony didn't either.  I had the best time, and had plenty of leftovers to myself the next day,  but even I couldn't stomach much of the orange chicken.
The rest of the weekend on my part was in response to my home teacher, Brother Weeden, loaning me an LP player digital converter.  I got the program loaded, but had a terrible time recording.  Sheri discovered I hadn't taken the cap from over the needle.  After that I was off, We have two LPs.  The first is of my high school choir.  They are now alive to me again.  The second is of old Mormon Pioneer stories and songs.  I got them both recorded, and now am going back through to make sure I have everything.
I only did a bit of gardening.  I am in the process of making more planter boxes.  I am cutting the wood now to get ready to put them together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment