What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Manteca Stake Broadway Review: "On This Night of a Thousand Stars"





Saturday, Sept 13 I had the privilege of participating in the Manteca Stake Broadway Review.  There are many talented people in our stake, and many complicated performances.  The program attests to a wide range of interest in musicals.  The program also documents most of those who helped us.  Without them we could have done nothing.  Sister Amanda Porter helped me learn a couple steps so I could try some Tango.  Sister Papworth directed again.  

I think the performance of the night was Thalia Anderson from the Tracy ward singing from Wicked as Elphaba ''defying Gravity."  I could actually see her flying with her energy and the way she sang the song.  It was cool.  Also Sister MaCuire from our ward did an excellent job singing "Nothing" from Chorus Line.  

We did a group number of "One Day More" form Les Miserables.  This year someone sang "I Dreamed a Dream"  There was another group number from Grease, "Summer Nights".  It was mostly members of our ward: The Men Mike Brown sang Danny, Tyler Papworth (now married and living in Union Ward), Jonathan Porter and Craig Hokanson.  Tyler's new wife sang the Sandy part, Amanda Porter, Sarah MaGuire, Misty Segall (now in Ripon Ward) and Lisa Stephenson.  There are many talented people from our stake.  It was pretty fun.  It was a fun night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment