What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Life In Manteca 110: Week Review: Broadway Review, Sunday School and Restaurant Review

My week has been great.  Sunday was fun.  Last weekend of rehearsal before the Broadway review and we have been having Sunday rehearsals.  It was actually fun.  In addition to the bit from Evita, I am also going to sing a Phantom line a' capella which is my forte. 
You are invited
We made it to Turlock yesterday, for just a short but fun visit with Charity, Anthony and baby.  Camberly took care of our chess game for us. (Tony and I were playing.)  She is a cute little thing.  Not quite walking yet, but she soon will get brave enough.  She will stand, but then sits back down where she feel safer.
Sunday School lesson was on missionary work, using Jonah and as an example.  He first didn’t want to go, then did, and was disappointed when the people of Ninevah repented.  He wanted the lord to destroy them, so the Lord taught him about the importance of souls and loving people.  
We also talked about a prophet Micah in the old Testament who saw our day.  He compared the children of Jacob (members of the church to dew on the grass.  The morning dew can give nourishment to all the grass.  We as members do this through example, service and opening our mouths.  He also compared us to the Lion among sheep.  I think he was saying that if we step out and do missionary work, none will be able to stand in our way.  The Lord will bless us with the faith to do.
It was a fun lesson.  I introduced the lesson, talking about my kids who are serving missions, Caleb and Miranda and the new spirit of missionary work. 
I went to the dentist Saturday.  I did a crown and have a temporary in.  It doesn’t quite fit right, but I can put up with anything a few days.
I also worked on making slide shows of the Skyview music.  It is enjoyable.  I have used many shots from the Yearbook.  I am about half done with the album, with a few more to go.
Sheri and I had a nice date night at ***^ Jack's Pizza Cafe.  We had a large pizza to share, half Hawaiian and half pepperoni and sausage.  Their sauce was pretty warm, but the pizza was good.  I did not venture to the Hawaiian side.  That was for Sheri.  I really liked their cheese bread that came with the special we ordered.  Sheri says she prefers Crazy Bread from Little Caesar's.  We also had mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce.  They were good with the sauce.  The also serve hamburgers and such but we stuck to the pizza.  They have a small game section.  The bathroom was not very clean--or actually someone had put paper towels in the toilet and I fished them out, worried they might cause an overflow.  They gave as a Manteca Bulletin to read so we were entertained.  It was comparable in price to Mountain Mike's; which I think we still prefer.  However Caesar's most often gets our business for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment