What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mormon Movie Review: ****^Legacy (to hst)

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulLvUw-c96o
This move tells the Mormon story.  It is based on historical happenings, but is told through the eyes of a fictional family, the Williams.  This is the story of Eliza Williams, who is presented as a contemporary of Joseph Smith.  She embraces the gospel as a young girl of 13, is present at the Missouri persecutions, Independence and Haun's Mill.  She receives a blessing from Joseph Smith's hand in Commerce (later to become Nauvoo.)  She participates in the construction of the Nauvoo Temple.  Her boyfriend, husband is a stone cutter recently arrived from England.  She is part of the trek across Iowa and Winter Quarters.  Her husband, David Walker is part of the Mormon Battalion.  She takes the part of Mary Fielding Smith and blessing her ox.
This movie gets me every time when Eliza's father falls in the mud crossing Iowa.  The Tabernacle Choir is singing "Come Come Ye Saints" and that part makes me cry every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment