What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Uncle Mark (My Kid's Uncle) Set Apart as Second Counselor in Stake Presidency

Thanksgiving Picture
My brother-in-law Mark Norman was ordained to our stake presidency today.  We were invited (all the family) to attend the ordinations, which is something new for me.  We started with an introduction of the families of the presidency.  President Maxfield has younger children, while President Brown only has one child remaining at home, but has two on missions.  When Mark was ordained, I was invited to be part of the circle.  I thought a couple of things.  President Crockett was voice, and I felt it was an honor to be in the circle with him, and with our new stake president, President Maxfield.  The other thing I thought was Mark probably missed his brother, Gary, not being there.  Gary passed away just a couple months ago. 
President Crockett voiced a very nice prayer. Elder Haleck set apart the new stake president, and Elder Sabin set apart Elder Brown.
After, Caleb asked me how it felt to be in the circle with two seventies.  I must admit I was so awed at the thought of being in the circle with Presidents Crockett and Maxfield, that I didn't even remember to notice.
I know President Maxfield in his capacity as being in the stake presidency.  He has worked with Caleb on projects, and has said very nice things about Caleb, and Caleb speaks highly of President Maxfield.  I had not previously met President Brown, but have met his son Devin, who is a missionary in Estonia.  Devin always represented his father well.
As for Mark, even though he is younger than I, I have always looked up to him and received advise from him.  Sheri remembered a story from when one of our children was struggling grades, and felt put down by us as parents.  Mark's advice was that maybe the relationship was more important than the grades.  It was Mark that suggested we move to Central Valley, after we were frustrated with not being able to buy in Cupertino.  We had been looking in Utah-Idaho-Wyoming. 
Another Mark trait is his humor.  He has told some of the funniest stories.  Mostly just observations of life, but he can be very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment