What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Church Leadership Training:

http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/watch/the-work-of-salvation/2013/06?lang=eng

If you missed the leadership conference on missionary work, I heartily recommend it to you.  The work is moving forth, and this conference answers for me some of the questions I have been having with regards to what will the Church do with all the new missionaries?  I found a few answers.
We attended as a family, Miranda who attends the single's ward, Caleb, who is joining the missionary force in August, Sheri and I and Tony.  For fear Tony may not last a couple hours in the meeting, I started with him in the lobby, and the Spanish speaking room.  For a while I had this room to myself with Tony, and I was pleased I could understand what was being said.
Caleb's mission president was also at the meeting, as he is a new mission president, who has been at the MTC for training and will be in Iowa shortly.
Elder Jeffrey Holland conducted.
Elder L Tom Perry was the first speaker, and provided insight to what the new missionaries will be doing.  This includes opening up the churches, where the missionaries will spend time each day serving via the internet.  Also members will be called upon to take a more active roll.  He said, "By virtue of our membership in His Church each of us is called and commissioned to invite others to come unto Christ, whether they be active members, new members, inactive members or non-members."
He was followed by Elder Neil Andersen who presented several stories of success in the area of ward and stake councils doing the work of inviting others to Christ.  He mentions this link:
http://www.lds.org/training/wwlt/2013/hastening/a-new-vision?cid=HPL1P01W01031&lang=eng#media=
Elder Russell Nelson presented the duties of the ward mission leader using an example from Oklahoma.
It concludes with Elder Boyd Packer talking about teaching, and using the spirit to teach.
It then concludes with a testimony from President Monson.  He told the story of the Saint Thomas Branch in Canada.  There was a Branch President with a vision, which influenced this good area for good.  "I testify that when we act in faith the Lord will show us how to strengthen His Church in the ward and branches in which we live.  He will be with us; will become and active partner in our missionary labors."

No comments:

Post a Comment