What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Caleb's New Mission President


Caleb's New Mission President is a retired professor at the University of South Carolina.  He was a geography professor.  He has written a couple of books: Remote Sensing of the Environment: An Earth Resource Perspective, and Introductory Image Processing.  These books deal with taking data from remote sensing, and applying that to make conclusions about the environment.  The second book is used as a text-book in upper level geography classes.  He is identified as a South Carolina Distinguished Professor.  He was honored by Geocarta International for contributions in the field of remote sensing.  He has mentored numerous Phd and Masters students over the years.   He has achieved success in his academic endeavors.  He will now be mentoring young men and women, including my son.  There are at least four other members of our stake who will be in his mission when Brother Jensen begins his service this month, including Sister Barker from our ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment