What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Seminary Graduation 2013


 Caleb, along with 44 other seniors graduated from seminary yesterday.  This included his cousin, Natalie, fellow church friends Clayton Williams, Phillip Herrera and Rachel Gass, and fellow band mates, Matthew Elliot and Joshua Cook.  I enjoyed the program.  Caleb's class sang "Nearer My God, To Thee."  The stake president talked.  He advised the graduates and parents to remember the Jesus heals physically as well as spiritually.  A big thank you to all of Caleb's teachers over the years.  His attendance has never been perfect, but he has always done enough make-up work to get through.  I think seminary has been a good experience for him.  A difference between this graduating class and any class prior was the number of graduates who already have mission calls. Another half dozen have their papers in.  When the Stake President asked for those planning on serving in the next year, so as to include the young women, another ten or so stood up.  That would make a total missionary crop from this group of close to 30.  Things are incredible.
For those who may not know, seminary is an early morning class of religious instruction.  It is early morning because it is before school.  It starts at 6:10.  Some mornings, Wednesdays, was late day at school, so the kids had time to go to someone's house for breakfast.  Usually they would go strait to school after seminary.


No comments:

Post a Comment