What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

LDS Movie Review: *****The Guilty BYU 1978

This is on the old church video cassette 27.  I love some of these old movies.  This one has a very poignant theme.  It shows a fast and testimony meeting.  A woman, supposedly recently on her own, comes to the meeting.  She had moved to the city to take a job.  She stands to speak.  She is pregnant.  She stands up and says he is sorry, and confesses her guilt.  However, many other people in the congregation also stand.  The admit, if anyone is writing on the wall those who are guilty, they should also be there.  The bishop who maybe could have been more diligent, the friend, the neighbor who travels to the city, but never stopped by to check on her, and finally her father, who talks about his reaction to his daughter's pregnancy of being one hoping she would not come home, and worried about how her actions were effected "Your mother and I."  He has gained insight and now sees things more from his daughter's perspective, and asks the question, "How has my reaction effected my daughter?"
This movie reminded me of the incident of the savior, and the woman taken in adultery.  Jesus says, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."  All of the accusers then fade away, as we all have guilt in our time.
This movie never received a lot of play.  However its message is classic.  We are all struggling to make it through, and we need to stand up for each other to make the journey easier.  We all fall short, and that is where our savior comes in.
This movie stars Gordon Jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment