What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Movie Night: **^That Shaggy Dog, ***^ Three lives of Thomasina,

I don't know the schedule, but BYUTV regularly shows old Disney movies that I watched as a youth.  The Shaggy Dog is a fun show, and the switch from man to dog to man is unpredictable which makes for some interesting dilemnas.  My only confusion with the show is with the young woman's father turning out to be a spy, no one really explores her feelings about it--I think she's suppose to just be OK with it.

Of these two movies I prefer The Three Lives of Thomasina.  I liked this movie as a child.  It features the children from Mary Poppins.  The did three movies together also including Bed Knobs and Broom Sticks.  This show is fun, and the cat coming back to the little girl restoring her faith in the world.  The only part I didn't like was the Egyptian cat bit.  That was just stupid, but I guess you had to have some way for her to come back to life.  This is a nice presentation of Scottish culture.  The "witch lady" does a very good job of her part.

No comments:

Post a Comment