What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day 2012

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY: This is untitled but Mark, my son, wrote it.

When I was young and you were not so old
You whispered Spanish in my ear when we
Stopped at a road's edge. My hand found its hold
In your calming hand that seemed to me
Secure as any fortress in the world.
Our ears perked, eyes turned right then left to see
That all was safe, no danger to be found,
We anxiously stepped and soon would be
Beyond the road to fields and playing ground,
The promised place where I had longed to run free.

You are the man in whom I see my God.
Few boys were better taught or so well shod.
 I have always said to the kids, "da me la mano" when we cross roads or go for walks.  They seem to understand, "give me your hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment