What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Life in Maneca 44: New Murals and Best Buy Closure


There is a new series of murals by the library, which tell the history of the Manteca area.  They start with the Native Americans.  The cradle board depicted looked to be made to tule.  Caleb liked the depiction of the animal spirits.  Inside the animals is a human spirit.

It then progressed to the pioneer period.  (They missed New Hope however.)


We then were presented with an agricultural scene.  The watermelon looked delicious.

And finally there is a depiction of some of early industry; including the creamery from which Manteca gets its name, Spreckles Sugar, and early winery, and Caterpillar manufacturer.

Manteca news for the month is the closing of Best Buy.  Now the closest is in Modesto, ten miles away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment