What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Life in Manteca 45: Gang Shootings, Restaurant Review

The local paper documented four gang related shootings in Manteca last week , with nine injured.  This past Sunday there was a shooting at the corner of Yosemite and Union--one injured.   I remember one night hearing a pop pop pop, and thought it was fireworks, but now think it was shooting.  A couple other shootings took place on Virginia Ave.  There was an instance in which a baby was injured and life flighted to the hospital. 

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/section/29/article/45203/preview/

Now for my editorializing.  That gang members would be willing to use guns in a populated community, tells of their selfishness.  They only worry about vengeance and power, with no regard for others.  I hope the police can get a handle on things.  Those gang members who have spilled over from the Bay Area, should go back.  We want our community back.  I have told Sheri to be careful.  Especially when she is out and about with Tony.  Stray bullets don't discriminate.

Now for another subject.  Sheri and I visited the restaurant **^Taqueria Estrella.  There are actually several around, but we visited one on Main Street.  The tortillas and salsa brought tears to my eyes.  Even the pico do gallo was picante hot.  I was in the mood for a taco with cilantro.  However I ordered fajitas with Sheri.  It was a big letdown.  They did have shrimp in the fajitas which I enjoyed.  However, they weren't very good other than that.  The problem is likely mine, as I had my taste buds set on one thing, and then ordered something else.

2 comments:

  1. Billy, Have you moved to Manteca? That's news to me. I've eaten at La Estrella (or La Estrellita?) on Yosemite near the freeway. I love their little tacos. They have a great salsa bar. It's the first place I saw & tried roasted jalapenos. MMM.

    Lynn Dalton

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in Manteca, there are several taqueria estrellas. I might try the one on Yosemite. I need to try their tacos

    ReplyDelete