What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Movie Night: ****War and Peace

This is the classic based on Leo Tolstoy novel and featuring Audrey Hepburn and Henry Fonda.  It is an essay of Russian Society during Napoleon's invasion of Moscow.  It makes a statement about the horrors of war.  It is also a love story, which is finally put right in the end.  Any movie with Audrey Hepburn is great.  This movie adds Henry Fonda, and the historical character, Napoleon.  Napoleon's attitude about war is classic,  but in the end he loses to the Russians not fighting him, and just sitting him out, until he decides to return to France with his men.  Then the Russians send him off with an action against his rearguard as they retreat.

Henry Fonda portrays Pierre, who at the beginning is a bitter young man, illegitimate son of a wealthy Muscovite.  His father finally acknowledges him just before he dies, and Pierre inherits his estate.  He is friends of the family of Audrey Hepburn, whose younger brother joins the war in the end, and is killed.  Another friend of Pierre, who is also in the military, falls in love with the character of Audrey Hepburn, but break of the engagement due to social standing issues.  He is wounded in action, and near death.  Nursing him back to health, he and Audrey Hepburn over come the issues that kept them apart before.

No comments:

Post a Comment