What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Movie Night: ****^Twilight Series

I watched the Twilight series last weekend from our home collection.  These these are the Stephanie Meyers vampire books.  The movie has grown on me and now I am anxiously awaiting the fifth.  I read the first book, and found it a bit boring as the theme of whether she could trust him was rehashed ad nauseam.  However, the movies add more intrigue as they progress.  Movie one ****"Twilight" introduces us to the vampires, which is interesting.  It stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson as Bella and Edward.  We are introduced to vampire skills and like as Bella falls for him.  A vampire takes after Bella, and her vampire lover has to save her.  The ending is intense.  Bella's leg is broke, but she makes it to prom.

Movie two, ****^ "New Moon" introduces the Indian wolf men, who protect the tribe from the vampires.  The actor Taylor Lautner portrays Jacob Black, who set up with the pack to protect Bella.  This is because Edward has gone away, thinking this will keep Bella safe.This movie shows how they are hopelessly in love.  Bella goes through deep depression, and turns to  Jacob who is also a family friend.  However, in the end she takes greater risks with her own life, thinking it will bring Edward back.  In one of these, Edward perceives she has died through his sister's special vampire power.  In the end it is Bella who has to save Edward as he is determined to be destroyed.

The third move is *****Eclipse.  This movie has the most action. Victoria, Bella's enemy since the first movie, amasses and army of newborns, recently turned vampires, who are more hungry and stronger than vampires.  The wolfmen join the vampires, who are traditional enemies, in the fight against the newborns and Victoria.  It is very intense, resulting in the death of many newborns as well as Victoria.  Jacob is injured, and treated by the father of the vampires, who is also a doctor.  Bella has a choice to make, and loves both the wolf and the vampire.  She chooses the vampire.

****^Breaking Dawn part I is the next movie, which presents the marriage of Bella and Edward, as well as the birth of their baby.  I guess vampire babies grow fast in the womb.  The pregnancy threatens Bella's life, but she goes through with the pregnancy anyway.  The wolves decide it is evil, and are determined to kill the baby, but Jacob imprints on the baby, so its all OK in the end.  The imprinting thing is sort of vague, but that's how things work with wolfmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment