What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Music Review: *****Simon and Garfunkle, ****Air Supply

This is some of the music I have been listening to today that I am home sick.  Also since I down loaded Itunes to my computer, and then Miranda taught me how to download songs from Sheri's computer.  I didn't download them all as there is lots of Mark's old emo-rock music which is not pleasing to me.  However I did get over three days worth of music, meaning I am not going to listen to it all in the next day or so. 
One of the albums I brought over was Ultimate Air Supply.  The have a soft mellow tone, and often the lead singer, although a guy sounds more like an alto voice.  It really confuses me.  However Air Supply sings some classic songs.  My favorites are "All out of Love," "Sweet Dreams," "Making Love out of Nothing at All," "The Power of Love" and "Without You."  I love the lyrics of the chorus in Sweet Dreams.  "Close your eyes
I want to ride the skies in my sweet dreams
Close your eyes
I want to see you tonight in my sweet dreams"

Love, that is not working out, or is ending is a common theme for Air Supply.  For example from "All out of Love"
I want you to come back and carry me home
Away from this long lonely nights
I'm reaching for you, are you feeling it too
Does the feeling seem oh so right...
I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong

We also had some of the Simon and Garfunkle: Greatest Hits on Itunes, but I bought the CD at Walmart so we now have the complete album.   Bridge over Troubled Water and Sounds of Silence have long been a couple of my favorite songs.  I sang Bridge to Sheri at our wedding reception:  When you're weary
Feeling small
When tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all

I'm on your side
When times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you
I'll take your part
When darkness comes
And pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

Sail on Silver Girl,
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way

See how they shine
If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind

Art Garfunkle does such a good job with this song written by Paul Simon.  It is a classic.  In fact it was the song of the decade 1970s even though it came out in 1970.

No comments:

Post a Comment