What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Music Review: ****America: Horse with no Name

I am sitting her enjoying the mellow tones of America.  This is one of the bands I grew up with and Sheri found this C.D. crossing Nevada in  bin in a gas station.  I love their tones, and often the lyrics of their songs.  I think the one I identify with most is "Lonely People."  I was 26 before I was married, and had plenty of lonely nights during the days this song was playing on the radio.  It seemed like a song for me at the time.   "Don't give up, until you drink from the silver cup."  Beautiful.  Of course this album has other classics, including the title song, "Tin Man," "I Need You," and "Sister Golden Hair."

The other thing I have discovered for my own computer is ITunes.  I am sharing all of the songs that have been on Sheri's ITunes.  Technology is great.  I am not bringing them all over, but now I have Mark's songs, and several different albums on my computer, something for every mood.  I have noticed I am not much into emo rock like Mark.  I like more mellow music, and songs from musicals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment