What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Life in Manteca 34: Kelley Brothers is Closing, I'm sad

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/section/1/article/33716/
A new friend has gone the way of the dust wit the passing of the Kelley Brothers Restaurant in Manteca.  This was truly a good place to eat.  Sheri and I only went there once, but always thought about going back again.  The smalls on Yosemite were always nice going past this area.  They will be missed greatly.

This is the review I wrote when we went there:

Sheri and I left Tony in the care of Caleb and Alyssa (and the Larsens) and went out to eat. We went the the ****^ Kelly Brothers Brewing Company or Brickyard Oven Restaurant. They have a Chinese oven (I guess something like the oven in he "Seven Brothers" book.) In this oven meat is slowly roasted. We had the sampler for two. It included two slices of about five different kinds of meat-- pork, turkey, ribs, chicken, and tri-tip--with three types of barbecue sauce. We had the side of vegetables and potatoes. Vegetables were very yummy, orange and yellow carrots, snow peas and broccoli (Sheri ate the broccoli.) A very fun lunch. The restaurant is in the old El Rey Theater which burned in 1977 after the final showing of "Towering Inferno." It has been renovated nicely. It also housed items with regards to the history of Manteca.

No comments:

Post a Comment