What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, February 20, 2012

To the Movies: ****^Sherlock Holmes, ****Mission Impossible


The last couple weekends Sheri and I have made it to the movies  Marketplace Theater $3 theater.  Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows  2011 starring Robert Downing Jr. Jude Law, Rachel McAdams.
This movie appealed to me.  It had historical aspect, traveling around Europe, intellectual battle between Moriarty and Holmes, but then the side characters of Dr. Watson, and Dr. Watson's new wife.   Downing plays Sherlock in such a cavalier way at times, leading Dr. Watson into danger.  It is really fun.  The plat revolves arms.  The show starts with a tragedy, the murder of Holme's girlfriend at the hands of Moriarty.  However it ends with a sudden twist.  I think it will be enjoyable to about most adults.

More recently we have seen Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol with Tom Cruise.  This show is like the typical Mission Impossible, action from start to finish, with bombs exploding and a number of chases.  They have a chase in an Arabian dust storm which adds to the trouble.  They also have the outside climbing of that tallest building in the world in Dubai.  Plenty of close calls keep you guessing in this show.  Tom Cruise thrives in the action genre.  This movie also explores the sacrifices a spy must make in terms of family and love life.  If you are into action, this show is also for you, and you will throughly enjoy it.  I think Sheri preferred this to Sherlock Holmes.  She likes the handsome man more than the intellectual.

No comments:

Post a Comment