What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ace Train 17: Bus and Train etiquette

I must admit, riders of the Ace Train are very polite and generally well groomed.  The only exception is the rider who tries to take several seats with their bags, rather than putting them under the seat.  However, the train added a car to the second train going and coming, so there seems to be plenty of room on the train lately.   It is the connecting modes of public transportation that have me think of etiquette.
I had the strangest experience on the bus this week. I was sitting in a bench seat facing the middle, and next to me was a seat facing us. On that seat was a lady with her cleavage exposed. She had a word or phrase tattooed across her chest including the top of her boobs. I was so curious to see what the word said, but my eyes don't work like they use to. I tried to glance over but no luck. There was no way I was going to turn and stare at her chest to figure it out. I thought about asking her, but didn't. Now I'm dying to know what her cleavage said.  But in the end, there is too way much cleavage on the bus.  Of course on the male side, there are a few with their pants in the low-rider style.  It must take a considerable amount of work to keep them on when they are so low.
Yesterday I was at the light rail station Meridian Station, and someone lit up their medicinal marijuana again.  Granted it is the light rail stop closest to Valley Medical Center, still there should be some decorum.  There are families with children who do not want to have the pleasure of inhaling medicinal marijuana with you.  There is a rule against smoking on the platform.  People should take their puff off the platform.
I have noticed people offering seats more than I use to.  However there still are occasions where people with babies are left standing.  This happens on both the bus and the light rail.  If I can, I always make a space available for them.  However, often I am already standing. Thee rule should always be, give a seat to older people, and to parents with children in tow, whether by hand or in the belly (pregnant).  That is just part of good manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment