What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Vacation Day Seven: Cedar Breaks National Monument

Cedar Breaks still had snow on the upper rim, which blocked many of the hikes around the rim and consequently the trails were closed.  However we were able to take a small hike under the direction of a botanist from Southern Utah University.  He was able to educate us on looking for similarities among plants.  Amazingly Bryce Canyon is another place where they have Bristle Cone Pine.  I couldn’t get close because of the blocked trails but I did get a distance picture.  We had a nice picnic in the wind and the girls also found some snow in which to play.  We had a pretty good time at the Monument.  We were told it was similar to Bryce canyon but less crowded, and higher in elevation. 
First day traveling past park to campground
Tony and Elliott
Elk's Ear
Bristle Cone Pine
Girls in the snow
Window

No comments:

Post a Comment