What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Vacation Day 4: Great Basin National Park, Lehman Cave

There are two basic parts to Great Basin national Park.  Wheeler peak dominates the area.  Upon this peak are some of the oldest trees in the world, Bristle Cone Pines.  These trees look dead as they cling to life.  They only live in the upper elevations, and we did not go high enough to get a good picture due to altitude issues.  (However we would get a distance picture of a Bristle Cone Pine at Cedar Breaks.)
The other aspect is the tour of Lehman Caves.  This is a cave known for its shields, a formation with a flat top.  There is also a part of the cavern with very delicate formations where people are not allowed to go. This National Park does not charge an entrance fee.  They do however charge for the Lehman Cave tours.  
shields
pop corn
Wheeler Peak Views
Visitor Center Pictures
The visitor center movie including showing the Duckwater Spring as well as Virginia Sanchez providing narration.

No comments:

Post a Comment