What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Summer Vacation Day 3: Bodie State Park

Leaving Mammoth Lakes we were up early to visit B0die State Park.  Bodie is a ghost town.  At one time there were 10,000 people in the town chasing gold.  They extracted 100 million dollars from the area.  There were several different mining operation over time.  Today what there is, is generally well preserved.  However it is good to remember that one in ten homes is no longer existing.  Many homes were lost to a fire, and many more have disappeared over time.  We ha fund following the map given us and seeing different buildings including the school, church and homes.  It made for an interesting drive.  We took pictures of many wild flowers as well.
Bodi Plaque
assorted glass
Red Cloud Mine 


fire house
museum with Hearst
School



No comments:

Post a Comment