What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Mormon Tabernacle Choir in concert with Rebecca Luker, Dallyn Bayles, an...


This is the President Monson 85th birthday concert.  It is hosted by Steve Young and Jane Clayson Johnson.  It features the Mormon tabernacle Choir.  Soloist were Dallyn Vail Bayles, Rebecca Luker and Stanford Olsen.  The each sang two songs.  Bayles does a beautiful rendition of "Bring Hime Home" as well as "There But for You Go I."  His voice is clear and piercing and his sound is incredible.  Olsen sings 'Golden Days" and "The Holy City."  It gets emotions singing "The Holy City" which is likely the high light of the concert.  Lastly Rebecca Luker sings "Memories and 'All I ask of You."  The choir sings "You raise Me UP," "Seventy-six Trombones" and another high spot, "Consider the Lillies."  The concert includes portrayals of President Monson's life, as well as tributes from other general authorities and also the Boy Scouts.  This concert is very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment