What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Positive Thinking Book: Silver Boxes

Silver Boxes: The Gift of Encouragement by Florence Littauer, Word Publishing, Dallas, 1989.
This is a fascinating book about treating others with kindness.  What she says is that our "words should be like silver boxes with bows on top."  That is the basic philosophy.  She adds a personality assessment, to give some warning that we are not all the same, and sometimes, with our different natures, we may offend someone without realizing it.  She talks of four personality types:
Sanguine the popular person, Choleric the powerful person, Melancholy the perfect person and Phlegmatic the peaceful person.  We can have strengths and or weaknesses in these areas.  All personality types are important.  There are some who have a combination.  We are all unique.

Silver Boxes was put into a poem for this book.  The poem summarizes the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment