What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Mormon Tabernacle Choir featuring Katherine Jenkins


Katherine Jenkins is a Welsh singer, who is very familiar to the theater scene in England.  However to the American population she is more known for her appearance on Dancing with the Stars.  Her partner was Mark Ballas, and she makes a special appears to do a Latin dance with her, which I felt was the high light of the performance.  This is the 2012 Pioneer Day Concert, and the Choir starts with two pioneer songs,; but after that the focus is on the theme of the concert: The Joy of Song.  They have several people talk about their joy of music, including the guest, Mack Wilberg the conductor and a group of children.
Among other songs the choir sings, "In the Morning of my Life" a person favorite and It's a Grand Night for Singing.  Katherine Jenkins sings "The Prayer" with the choir.  The song is introduced by commentary by the composer, David Foster.  Jenkins also sings a Welsh song with the choir, "Cymru Fach."  Another high light of the concert is the concluding number "You'll Never Walk Alone" with Jenkins and the choir.  There is lots to enjoy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment