What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Mama's Surprise

Mom had talked about wrangling Caleb into making her a rustic table, now that he was home from his mission.  I thought it was just a dream kind of thing, but when we returned from our trip to Utah and Natalie's wedding, people were gathered for a surprise early Christmas gift for Sheri.  While we were gone everyone had made the table for her.  This even involved those who aren't in Utah via Skype or Face Time and giving advise etc.  I imagine Jeremy took the lead on the construction.  Everyone did lots of sanding.  I know Miranda and Charity and Camberly did much of the painting.  I could tell Camberly had taken part as she had black paint on her clothes.  Charity also had black paint on her.  I understand Anthony picked up the wood.
So we now have a rustic table; and our waiting for the sealer to fully dry so we can use it.  In the meantime, the old table is in the living room; although first in the family room for spaghetti dinner.
New table, it looks cool and is very sturdy.  It passed the plate test Natalia suggested--the plates lie flat.  Sheri and Bronnie.

Spaghetti dinner Miranda made with Anthony, Camberly Charity and Miranda.  Annie came over for dinner and well as Jeremy and kids were still here.  Old table but redone chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment