What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Charity Treated me to "Evita" for my Birthday?



Charity had given me tickets to Evita for my birthday, and the show finally arrived.  Charity and I went to the show, but Anthony, Camberly and Hayley all went out to eat with us.  We went to Panera Bread.  We then visited the Shane CO. Diamond store so they could get their rings cleaned.  And then it was to the show.  The production was very good, very professional.  It had a very small cast.  Fifteen actor in total, so most had to take several different rolls from the upper class, to the military, to Eva Duarte's family etc.  The Tango dancing was very good.  Everything seemed to be symbolic.  The production tried to bring in the military government and "Los Desaparecidos" which happened 20 years later.  I really liked the way the actors stayed in character as they moved across different parts.  Magaldi and the mistress both were part of the ensemble.  Cami Jackson portrayed the mistress, and did a superb job with the suitcase song.  She also danced Tango and did hair and a bit of everything.  She is a friend of the kids from doing musicals together in middle school and in Sunnyvale.
I had a great time, and now have these Evita songs running through my head.  There was a time I had most of this play memorized.  They did add the "He must Love Me" song which was added for the movie.  They also added a dialogue part which I didn't really pay attention to.  Charity said she had a hard time understanding the lyrics, but I didn't notice this, probably because I already knew all the lyrics.  I had a great time.  I got to share some of Argentina's history with Charity.  They had a display about the the Plaza de Mayo mothers and "Los Desaparecidos."  I also told her the history of Eva and Juan Peron, and Isabel who was Peron's next wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment