What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Life in Manteca 86: Piano Concert and Crystal Apple Awards

We also went and watched a bunch of Asian people and Anna and Heather play piano.  I really liked Heather's Blues peace, but most of the music was-- I bet I can put you to sleep music.  It was held at a Presbyterian church in Livermore.  There were 32 presenting, including three cello solos.  Some of the pieces went on and on, and I was nodding off.  However both Anna and Heather did very well.  I guess the 32 were picked from about 600 piano students.  They had to pass their course of study, level four and higher.  To pass you had to take a theory test, and then also play a piece perfectly for the judges.  Anna passed level four, and Heather level six.  The highest level was ten.  Heather played a song about the snow, and Heather a blues number which I really enjoyed.
Anna
Heather

 

The Crystal Apple awards were good.  The students of our stake honored ten teachers from eight schools.  The students would read why they had selected the teachers, and then the awards were presented.  There were also three short talks, Mark talked, a student and the President Maxfield.  Very good.  The best part was the youth choir.  I love to hear youth sing.  They sang "As Zion's Youth in Latter Days", "Come Unto Christ", and "Army of Helaman and Daughters of Zion" medley".  It was a very good evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment