What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus of Being Born by the Spirit, and Eternal Life

http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-10-028-jesus-teaches-of-being-born-again?category=bible-videos-the-life-of-jesus-christ&&lang=eng

I love these bible videos.  There is a lot Jesus tells Nicodemus at the well.  He starts talking of being reborn of the water and the spirit, but then goes on from there.  This is from John Chapter 3.  The highlight is when Jesus talks of himself, that he must be lifted up, and as the serpent of Moses was lifted up, so those who look on Him might be saved.  And then the climax of the chapter:
16 ¶For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

This is beautifully presented and there are no more powerful words than these.  Through Jesus we may have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment