What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Charity and Anthony are in an opera this weekend, "La Traviata."  I read the story form Wikipedia, and am surprised it is very similar to Molin Rogue.  La Traviata means the fallen woman or woman who strayed.  Violetta has a lover, but while she is sick and unconscious Alfredo visits daily and confesses his love for her.  They leave and have three months together, when Alfredo's father convinces Violetta to leave him for the family honor.  The engagement of Alfredo's sister is in jeopardy because of her bad reputation.  She gives him a note saying she is leaving.  She is at a party with a Baron, also attended by Alfredo.  Alfredo confronts her, and throws money he has won gambling at her feet to pay for her services of three months.  Violetta's tuberculosis returns and the doctor says it is fatal.  Alfredo comes to her from a duel with the Baron.  The Baron was wounded.  Violetta seems to revive, and then dies in Alfredo's arms.

Charity is in the chorus. Townsend Opera in Modesto.  This version is performed with the backdrop of 1980s San Francisco.
Modesto Bee article
http://www.modbee.com/2013/01/23/2545583/townsend-opera-gives-1980s-twist.html

No comments:

Post a Comment