What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Life in Manteca 61: Crime

Unfortunately not all is loverly in Manteca.  We live between Stockton and Modesto, two of the highest car burglary cities in the state.  Stockton is also known for murders, and jewelry theft.  I had heard of car before, at the movie theater mostly.  We also take turns at church patrolling the parking lot.
However this week, this problem effected my family directly, and it doesn't sit very well.  We were all enjoying a game night, and Charity got a call that someone was using her credit accounts and card.  She went to her car and discovered the back window had been broken.  Some attempts at her account were declined, but some were not.  They also need to replace there back window.
We live at the end of a cul de sac, but there is pedestrian passage to the street.  They took advantage of this.  They had  their accounts closed, and have to careful in redoing them as are still vulnerable to identity theft.
It makes me wonder why we tolerate this kind of behavior in others?  Why is it so easy to make crime pay?  What kind of inhuman would try to spoil the Christmas of others?
I guess we go on; but it is not fun to be violated.  I dealt with it by sweeping glass.  Police were informed.  However it would only be luck if something comes out  of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment