What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I do at Work

When asked what I do at work, I like to say I recycle papers.  This is because when I get something done, I put it into the confidential waste bin, which quickly fills up and then I take it to the bigger confidential waste bin.  But what I actually do is more complicated.  I work at the Callcenter.  I take 10-15 calls every day and try to help people figure out who mental health services are best.  Each call is different, and can mean a report to CPS, referring to Mental health Urgent Care, referral to community resources, or referral to county mental health programs.  We also get calls for other things, sometimes for medical appointments, checking on appointment times, residential or homeless programs etc.  In addition I do a few special tasks.  I guess we have close to 50 special tasks we do between all of us.
 special projects       
ATS review: I clinically review the Assessment and treatment summary forms from the fee-for-service providers.  We review the annual or semiannual ATS submissions for the 1000+ clients who are seeing outpatient fee-for-service providers.  (100+ a month)
6-18 Spanish speaking referrals: I Process referrals for 6-18 year olds, Spanish speaking.  I receive the referrals from pediatric MDs throughout the county, VMC and other private providers and process them and connect with outpatient services.  I then respond to MD with the disposition.  (ten+ a week)
Adult Spanish speaking physical health care referrals: I Process adult physical health care referrals, Spanish speaking referrals.  I follow-through on referrals we receive from physical health care providers and facilitate connection to outpatient services.  (two or three a week)
Numbers monitor: Weekly I monitor the number of referrals.  I run report of referrals so far this month and put this information on the white board for all to see.  It shows how many referrals have been made to particular programs so we know if we are over sending referrals to a particular program.  It also lets us know if certain clinics have reached their capacity for the month.
MHRC post auth referrals: I process post auth referrals from the MHRC program.  MHRC is the connecting point to mental health services for those on juvenile probation.  They send the post authorization form which I enter into Unicare after checking insurance.  (less than ten a month)
NOA-A: Enter NOAA (notice of action) information into Unicare as an alert so this information is available to Callcenter staff as well as other providers.  (a few)

No comments:

Post a Comment