What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ace 32: It's Cold and update on 49er Stadium

Ace;
It has been cold.  There is ice on the window, and it is cold waiting for the train and the Light-rail.  I always look for sun, but in the morning, sometimes there is none.  This brings up a concern for those living on the streets.  In Santa Clara county this is a problem, as there are not enough shelters for everyone.  Some of the shelters do a daily lottery for beds.  But many are left along the rivers or other places looking for a place to sleep and not be too cold.  I noticed the underpass to the Alameda is crowded with people.  They have even put up some wood to try and block the wind.

sorry about the light reflection

Someone's home along Los Gatos Creek

I had some extra time so took a walk around Diridon, over to the Arena.  There was lots of noise form radio station booths, and what looked like a carnival.  It was a bus entitled Born Brave.  I guess it had something to do with the Lady Gaga Concert to be held that night.  It goes with her song “Born that Way.”  I think the message is you can behave morally any way you like as you are born that way.  I disagree with her message.  I agree we should treat all others with respect and love.  I do not agree that “we are born that way.”  We are not animals, but children of our Heavenly Father with the ability to make decisions. I walked past the arena.  That was a sight to behold.  There were numerous people dressed up to look like Lady Gaga.  There was white and purple and green and pink hair.  I hope they were wigs.  There were many people with pants with multiple slashes.  It was interesting.  My only photo was one I took from the train as we left.


The 49er stadium continues to go up.  It looks like the metal frame work is done.  They are now putting in cement blocks.  They don’t lay the cement in place, but bring it as a slab and then fit it into place. 
As for the Earthquakes Stadium I can’t see that they have done anything.  The lot is still just a vacant lot.  There is a soccer field on it.  There is also a pile of stuff, which may be the beginnings of putting material together for the arena. 

No comments:

Post a Comment