What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ace Train 31: Fare Inrease

I hate to be negative, but here goes anyway.  Ten percent jump in rate as of January first.  (This for me is almost $30.)  You would think this might mean better service, but I rode the train five times this week, with three late arrivals, one a late pickup in the freezing cold.  It would be nice if they turned up the heat on such days.  We arrived an hour and a half late Wedesday as they said a car was stuck on the tracks.  The other two days were switch problems or "congestion."
I know things happen which are hard to control.  But that is not my only complaint.  I feel the Lathrop/Manteca fare is steep compared to others.  The monthly fare for the three stations over the hill Pleasanton, Livermore and Vasco is the same for all three $197.50.  The fare then jumps to $256.25 to Tracy, thirty minutes from the Vasco Station.  The train then travels ten minutes to Lathrop Manteca but the fare jumps to $316.25, A $60 a month jump.  It then goes to Stockton, another fifteen minutes, but the fare is only$330; a jump of $13.50.  So the result I get is the people in Lathrop/Manteca support, through unfair rates, the people who board in Tracy and Stockton.  If the fare went up equally the Manteca fare would be $301.  It could be that city governments support riders from Stockton and Tracy.  However if this is not the case, it would appear riders who board in Lathrup/Manteca do support them with an artificially high rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment