What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sheri's Empanadas

http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/authenticfamilyrecipes/r/beefempanada.htm
This link is to a good empanada recipe.  I actually used Cuban shells as they were all I could find, and they turned out well.  They were in the freezer section.
Sheri ventured someplace she had never gone before this past weekend.  She made empanadas for a high-priest social for Northland Ward.  She had the mandate from me to not use green olives or raisins which are sometimes in empanadas.
Of course I helped.  I found the shells at the Mexican market.
I thought they turned out very well.  They were a big hit among the older crowd, but at home not so much so.  I loved them and was glad those left for the kids went uneaten.  I has happy to eat them for snacks as they are a great finger food.

Reed and Dee Banks presented on their mission.  The verbal pictures the painted were very amazing.  It is surprising that the church in Florida can be so different than the church in California.  Not different in terms of the gospel and the teachings, but different in terms of participation.  They had a good mission and did a very good job of their presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment