What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Diversity in the Mormon Church

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/10/22/4928175/mormon-church-a-widely-diverse.html

http://mormanity.blogspot.com/2012/10/hmongs-and-mormons-window-into-lds.html

These are a couple of articles about diversity in the Mormon Church.  As part of the Stevens Creek Ward, we had shared primary and Young Men's Women's with a Chinese Branch.  It was fun, and some of my favorite people in classes were from the branch.  In our stake now their is a Spanish speaking ward.  The article talks of the Hmong people, and I know there is an Asian congregation in Modesto.  Our ward has people of many different ethnic backgrounds, which makes for a more interesting ward.  This includes a group of hard of hearing.  It is important to welcome all people into our umbrella.



No comments:

Post a Comment