What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Restaurant Review: ****^On the Border

On the Border
Sheri, Miranda and I (well Miranda not so much) had a very nice experience at the restaurant “On the Border.”  This is a franchised Mexican Restaurant.  It was recommended to Sheri by my sister, Dianna.  We went to the restaurant on Dublin Blvd in Dublin by the movie theater.  There is also an “On the Border” at McCarthy Ranch in Milpitas.  This was an “on our way home from the temple stop.”  Their prices were reasonable and their food was delightful.  I had empanadas and tamale.  I must admit I ended up taking most of my beans and the tamale home with me for later.  The empanadas were excellent, I especially liked the crust.  I noticed they were a bit high in calories, and this is because the meat had cheeses mixed in, and then they gave you a cheese sauce to dip them.  My other food choices were all good calorie wise.  When I ate the tamale later it was also excellent.  I also enjoyed the rice and beans.  I had a house salad which was most excellent.  I even ate the tomatoes.  I had honey ranch dressing which I really enjoyed. 
Sheri had two tacos of pork (carnitas.)  She said she really enjoyed them.  Instead of the black beans she had the refried beans.  Sheri had high compliments.  Miranda had a three portion meal with salad, tostada and taco.  She said her taco was ground beef and she wished she may have tried carnitas or something else.  Miranda, after we sat down, announces she is not a big Mexican food fan.   The waiter kept us in chips and salsa (bottomless) which was very nice.  Fresh chips and the salsa had a bit of bite to it but was very addictive.  We did not try drinks other than plenty of water, and were too full for dessert.  We took two doggie containers home which I am still eating.
We compared it to Chili's.  Chili's has more American choices, But "On the Border" wins in the Mexican food department.

1 comment: