What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ace Train 28: Waterways


I have been wanting to document the geologic features that are part of the Ace train trip from San Jose to Manteca.  I am starting with the waterways.

I  take the light rail which follows the Los Gatos Creek.  Los Gatos Creek flows close to the San Fernando station, and if I get off there I cross the creek on my way back.  It flows into the Guadalupe River by the Arena Garden.
Los Gatos Creek
Guadalupe River Slough
Guadalupe River Slough (other side)

We then cross the Guadalupe River Slaugh just before getting to Alviso on the train.  Then as we leave Alviso we are in the salt ponds which lead to the bay.  I guess you wouldn't call it the bay, but it is close.
Drawbridge Island is bordered by the Coyote River Slough and Mud Slough, which both flow from the Coyote Creek.
Coyote Creek Slough

Mud Slough
Drawbridge
Leaving Freemont there are a couple reservoirs on Niles Creek.  It is hard to photograph Niles Creek in the canyon.
Going through Livermore there is a lake.
 There are two canals before Tracy--The California

 Aqueduct and the San Joaquin irrigation canal.
 Finally there is a slaugh coming of the San Joaquin River, and then the river.






No comments:

Post a Comment