What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Our Family Goal: Temple Marriage, Eternal Family


Our goal is to have an eternal family. Sheri and I, are committed to see all of our children married in the temple.   I verified this with her last week.  Including Billy Boy who was stillborn, and two marriages at the Oakland Temple, we  have been successful three times.  Our prayers at home, and at night before bed, center on this theme--that other children will take their chosen partners to the temple.

Consider the primary song:

“Families Can Be Together Forever,” Children’s Songbook of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 188

1. I have a fam’ly here on earth.
They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all eternity.
2. While I am in my early years,
I’ll prepare most carefully,
So I can marry in God’s temple for eternity.
Chorus
Fam’lies can be together forever
Through Heav’nly Father’s plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.
Words: Ruth Muir Gardner, 1927–1999. © 1980 IRI
Music: Vanja Y. Watkins, b. 1938. © 1980 IRI
See also Hymns, no. 300.

So our goal is to have those children who have not been to the temple prepare to go, and then go.  This goes for our five-year-old on up to our children who are away at school.   We think about this.  We worry about this.  We pray about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment