What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ace Train 25: Arena Walk

There are more, but homeless people were sitting on them.
This walk is again a response to having time to kill waiting for the train.  Sometimes I can get to the by 5:00 and the train leaves at 5:35.  For this hike I get off at the San Fernando light rail station (one stop extra) and walk to the arena.  There is a strange art work at the San Fernando Station of six-legged tigers.  I hike through the neighborhood with interesting houses, to The Alameda and Guadalupe River Park.  I cross the Guadalupe River three times on way.  The park was some interesting artwork.


 I am not sure what I think of the Visitors Center.  It has lots of angles, but you have to climb up to get to the door, and it looks like it might fall over from certain views.

The Arena, (I can't bring myself to call it the HP Pavilion) is very interesting in an of itself.  From the Arena it is just a couple blocks back to the train station.  The entire walk if about a mile.  I usually take my time looking at the river and buildings.  The draw back to this walk, is I feel I might be disturbing someone's home along the river.  I see quite a few shopping carts along the way.  There seem to be plenty of homeless people in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment